You have no items in your shopping cart.
Continuing with our product select series, let’s talk Gloves:
Part 1: What are Motorbiking Gloves?
Motorbike gloves come in the category of “must have” protective gear for every rider. Motorcycle gloves protect your hands and wrists from injuries. Lot of riders in our country do not wear gloves since it is not mandatory by law to wear (Except for Helmet, no other apparel is mandatory). Even when you wear one, the quality of gloves, are very basic without maintaining any safety standards. We recommend you invest in a good quality gloves, wear it at all times while riding
After a super brief intro; we must tell something interesting; Let’s start off with the type of base material used in Gloves:
leather is the base material for most top of the line gloves. These kinds of gloves are popular amongst lot of riders, since they provide better protection than textile gloves. Leather gloves are worn in winters, they provide relief from extreme winter weather conditions.
The base material is textile. Riders prefer to wear textile-based gloves during summer season as they provide better insulation than leather gloves.
With this anecdote, let’s discuss what kind of gloves categories are available:
- Protective Race Gloves: These are used in professional races by riders to protect their hand and wrist from impact. The glove's armour protects riders in the event of high-speed crash and provide excellent grip for better throttle control. They come in both leather or Textile material.
- Gauntlet Gloves: Gloves that cover entire wrist and a portion of the arm are known as gauntlet style gloves, they provide maximum protection & comfort in extreme weather conditions during long rides.
- Short Size Gloves: Small size gloves, they cover the entire hand area, below the wrist. Though they come in high grade leather or textile material, they provide decent protection to the hand leaving the wrist open for injuries in the event of a high speed crash.
- Leather Cruiser Gloves: Thick leather gloves used for cruising and urban riding, although they look good, the level of crash protection is zero to minimal.
- Adventure Riding Gloves: Gloves made of high-grade materials to withstand extreme weather & other extreme conditions faced by the rider.
- Off-road Gloves: These gloves are made with textile material with basic protective features- mainly used for off road or dirt track riding. Due to the flexible nature of the production material, they provide excellent throttle grip required for off-road riding.
With this brief intro about gloves, let’s look at what you should be considering when you decide to buy yourself a high quality pair of gloves:
- Your riding style: Specific categories of gloves cater to specific riding styles, you need to find a perfect match between the two, buy gloves that suits your needs.
- Protection on offer: The quality of armour protection available, additional protective features provided in the particular model.
- Perfect fit: Need to find a perfect fit for your hand, always check out the size chart available with the seller, loose gloves are your enemies,
- High Grade build quality: Upper protective layer, palm support, Strap, liner, armour, etc. must be well stitched together. Every layer of protective material should be well intact, in place to cover and protect your hand.
- Additional features are always a bonus: Waterproof, extra armour, better liners, quality of Velcro strap, etc.
When you start comparing all the features, you will have to check out lot many brands, Let’s list you some world class brands that manufacture their own line of gloves;
Speed & Strength
With this we wrap Up Part 1: We would prefer or recommend pair of gloves as per your riding style from a reputed brand, select a product with high levels of safety standards.
With this Basic Introduction about Motorcycle gloves is over, We will tell you how they work in Part 2 of the Series; Stay Tuned
Be safe, confident and enjoy the ride!
Follow this #productpsychcle to look for more info
One more thing,
Like our blog; Comment Below
We are giving out Prizes people, you just need to share the blog and other segments on a popular site, social media platform, content media, share the link with your name in our social media accounts or in the comments section below.
You might get a chance to win something cool, the easiest way to win a prize right
Follow us on Social Media:
Go to these social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest)
Search @motopsychcle; you will find us, follow us
Follow the Hashtags for regular updates:
To discover our world click on the links below;
Blogs -- https://www.motopsychcle.com/blog
Forums -- https://www.motopsychcle.com/forum
Custom Products -- https://www.motopsychcle.com/custom-work.html
(Motopsychcle.com -- Reimagining the Motorbiking story)